In pursuit of continuous improvement and technological leadership, Survival Systems Limited has developed the METS® Model 12000 XGH™ handling system. The system provides the client with the highest level of safety, reliability, and user friendly options that is available for aircraft ditching training today. The XGH™ monitoring and expandable control functions offer the client accurate, repeatable, and document-able training routines, as well as the ability to control and sequence other training devices such as wind, waves, rescue hoist systems, and other environmental variables for a complete and state-of-the-art training system.
- The METS® Model 12000 XGH™ is a cross gantry hoisting system and features dual lifting mechanisms, integrated METS® remote air brake system, user settable variable ditching speeds, advanced ditching monitoring, effects sequencing and control, as well as a pneumatically operated redundant retraction system (RRS) to mitigate the risk of power failures during critical (submerged) periods of the helicopter underwater escape training (HUET) training cycle.
- The system is a cost effective, retrofit design for replacing aging hoist system, is very easy to use, and can be installed indoors, outdoors, in pre-existing or new facilities as required.
- When mounted on a 24,000 lbs SWL structure, the XGH™ is fully compliant with all industry personnel lift guidelines and standards, including ASME B30 series, EN 13000 series, applicable CSA guidelines, and NAVFAC P-307. The Model XGH™ is a 24,000 lbs static lift system de-rated by 50% to a 12,000 lbs personnel working load.
- Complete duality in variable frequency drive lifting mechanisms, VFDs (2), motors (2), gear boxes (2), drums (2), and cables (2). Each system is capable of independently holding and handling the load through the XGH leveling block system.
- Additional Safety Features include: Independent motor brakes (2) – Pneumatically Operated Redundant Retract System (1) – Integrated Electrical Ground Fault Personnel Protection (1) – Radio Remotes (2) Pendant Crane Control (1) – User Friendly Operator Interface and On-Screen Guide (1) – Operator Training – Installed at Customer’s Site.
- 5454 Kg (12000 lbs) Gross Personnel-Lift
- Used with: METS® Model 1, 3, 5, 30 and 40, Apache METS® and MPM
- 10.7m (35 t) from service platform area of gantry outwards
- 6.1m (20 ft) Nominal minimum, and adjustable for safety in more shallow depth pools.
- Slow raise / lower 3.0m/min (9.8 ft/min)
- Fast raise 10m/min (32.8 ft/min)
- Available ditching speed 19-30 m/min (62 – 98.4 ft/min) adjustable through operator interface
- Recommended ditching speed 20m/min (65.6 ft/min)
- Traverse slow 3.0m/min (9.8 ft/min)
- Traverse fast 10m/min (32.8 ft/min)
- 46kVA, 3-phase 50-60 Hz, 380-500 VAC service, TN/TT or IT systems
- Falck Safety Services (Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Falck Safety Services (Newfoundland, Canada)
- United States Air Force (Washington, USA)
- United States Marine Corp (Hawaii, USA)
- United States Marine Corp (California, USA)
- United States Marine Corp (North Carolina, USA)
- United States Marine Corp (Okinawa, Japan)
Redundant Retraction System (RRS)
Dual lifting mechanisms
Independent Wire Ropes